JOB DESCRIPTION (includes, but not limited to the following)
• Surveys construction projects to identify and evaluate physical conditions, safety practices, hazardous situations and compliance with established safety standards.
• Reviews history of accidents and claims and prepares reports and recommendations as required.
• Conduct proper level of Site Safety Orientations and Site Required Training to subcontractors and work partners.
• Spending 60% the time in the project field coaching and correcting "At-Risk Behaviors."
• Coordinates safety of the projects as a whole schedule, loss history, upcoming activities, etc. and provides stimulus for proactive loss control efforts.
• Conduct accident investigations and provide recommendations for corrective/preventive action.
• Assists in the development and implementation of standardized OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) .
• Interfaces with the related safety professionals to direct and improve effectiveness of safety standards, codes and regulations.
• Coordinates, develops and /or conducts weekly safety meeting.
• Reviews subcontractor safety program to ensure compliance with projects safety standards.
• Assures the proper use of productive equipment.
POSITION DEMANDS (Required experience & training)
1. Development, implementation and management experience with EHS Management Systems. (Identifying EHS hazards, determining associated risks and ensuring corrective controls).
2. Significant experience in shipyard/construction operations and performing EHS inspection duties.
3. Good understanding of industrial hygiene and safety regulations and application.
4. Knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) record keeping requirements and familiarity with basic medical terminology.
5. Excellent people skills and bilingual written and verbal communication (Chinese and English).
6. Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, and the internet.
7. Must be physically able to walk to all yard locations and be relocated if needed.
8. Working locations may be but not limited to Kaohsiung, Taichung, Changhua, and Taipei.
9. Typically has an Bachelor's Degree in Business, EHS, or related field with two (2) years' experience in HSE-S related activities.
10. Have valid HSE-S certificates.
Note: Please mail both of your Chinese and English CVs to HR@cdwe.com.tw. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive an email/call from our us to schedule an interview.